Sunday, October 30, 2005

beauty


i feel like this is my journal and i just have some thoughts from today.
rest is good. God is amazing, He blesses us even before we are obedient. He is faithful and He trusts us. I just feel guilty often because i feel like God is longing for us to pursue him....and that we don't..i don't ..sometimes i feel so lazy or i get caught up in what i'm doing that i don't really make huge efforts to pursue Him. And i'm realizing more and more that that is a longing inside of me, to be pursued, by my husband, by people who want to get to know me, by friends.....i want to feel important enough for someone to make an effort and i think that is how God feels as well, He doesn't want to just be somone who gives us what we want all the time, because He truly wants relationship with us, He wants us to seek him out.....
i just want to quote wild at heart because it makes so much sense..
"After years of hearing the heart-cry of women, i am convinced beyond a doubt of this: God wants to be loved. He wants to be a priority to someone. How could we have missed this? From cover to cover, from beginning to end, the cry of God's heart is, 'Why won't you choose me? ' It is amazing to me how humble, how vulnerable God is on this point. 'You will find me,' says the Lord, 'when you seek me with all your heart' (Jer 29:13) In other words. 'look for me, pursue me- i want you to pursue me' Amazing. As Tozer says. 'God waits to be wanted.'

1 comment:

ASAM said...

love your writings.