Friday, August 04, 2006

answered prayer


well...instead of asking for stuff this time, i thought i'd give a little report on answered prayer, thanks to friends.

1. a Doula, we have been praying for a doula for awhile, probably since may when we met with this Christian doula and we wanted her but couldn't afford her. Then just recently a friend said He'd be willing to help out......So after trying other options for cheaper doulas, nothing was working out. So, we actually took this friend up on their offer to help out. And thanks to Stacey and Alastair we now have a Christian Doula! ( for thsoe of you who don't know what a Doula is, she is basically there to help me deal with the pain of labor, atural ways of dealing with the pain) So praise the Lord for our friends we were able to hire a Christian Doula, and she is very grateful as well because she is a single mnom who needed the business.

2. Sheets and towels,...again all thanks to my lovely friends....Hannah, Jacqui, Rachel and Joanna have all generously donated towels and sheets to me.....actually Joanna lent me quite a few items for my homebirth.










3. Back to our Doula, she bought a kiddie pool for her son and never opened it so she lent it to us so that i can have a water birth.

4. Scrapbook.....Andrea offered to come and help me with my scrapbook, so the other day she arrived here at 11am...and we started working, and thanks to her, we finished all the wedding and honeymooon pages for my scrapbook..and they look soo good, much better than i would've done!!! Her creativity looks great on the pages of my scrapbook and so i've just got the rest of our year of marriage to do.....but it looks so good and she was here til almost 5pm helping me with it.

So, thanks to all these lovely people in my life, these prayers have been answered. It's so cool to see God work things out. We are believing He is going to provide many more miracles before this journey of labor is over....:) anyday now guys....anyday.......
thank God and thank all of you my friends.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yeah jessi. that is awesome. i have been praying all your needs would be met. i am soooo glad you got a doula. is she from east van.. wonder if i know her. anyways i am so pleased. i love you lots and can't wait to hear all about your birth...