Monday, August 28, 2006

KAEL ASHER OATES









well.....finally after all of your checking, the baby has arrived. He is here. He is here.
He took his sweet little time.....the entire labor was 39 hrs.....and little Kael tried every possible way to enter the world on his own, but in the end He needed help. So with the help of a very painful c-section, Kael entered the world at 3:13pm August 24th, 2006, weighing 8 lbs, 1 oz. He is beautiful. We had to stay in the hospital for 5 nights, (including the first night of laboring) and today were able to come home. It's so lovely to be home with my new family. we all have new names...mom, dad, grandma,,, and little Kael Asher Oates. Was all worth it.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

oh, he is so pretty (Im sure this is they only time I can call him pretty =) I think he has your eyes....what a cool name too!

hannah said...

WOW HE IS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
so wide eyed and alert! aww I can't wait to see him....

Heather said...

wow jessi (and mike) he is adorable. what a joy. thanks for posting pics for those of us who desperately want to see him but can't. i love the name you chose..i pray a speedy recovery. my advice is get on your feet as quick as possible (without overdoing it) i love you sooo much! i will call next week sometime..

Emily Deu said...

he's so precious Jessi!!!! Let me know when your up to talking to people so I can call you.

Emilie Schmitz said...

My sweet warrior princess now has a warrior son! God told me you would have a complicated delivery but I knew that you would be SAFE! I pray the pain will be dulled by the sweetness of new creation. Congratulations!

Leanne said...

my husband said "they named him cabbage oates?" and i chuckled...but inside i think it is a beautiful name. i just hope i don't end up having to choose a plain jane name when kory and i have a child. ;)very very darling boy. congrats jessi and mike!

Kael Oates said...

Please don't call me cute, also Leanne you din't capitalize the names or the start of the sentence, and yes I am vegetable grain.