Friday, May 25, 2007

girls

the last few days i've been thinking about my need for friends. here we are in a new city, and really i do like it. I think it's great here, i like my new job, i like our place etc....etc..... i just really want a friend. i miss just being able to talk. Mike is a great husband..and he listens to me, and all that, but there is just something different about getting together with a really good girlfriend, over a hot cup of coffee and just talking. maybe about something that is on your mind, maybe just whatever comes to mind. I feel like sometimes when i talk with a friend...more comes out of me than i even realize is in my head. know what i mean? and my head feels full right now and i really would like to talk to someone. get all the stuff in my head out into the open....but for now i guess i'll have to journal, or blog or talk to kael..:) i don't know.... but i do know i miss my friends.

4 comments:

MaryHuffman said...

I know what you mean. Joshua is great company but sometimes my head just gets so full and a good chat with a girl is like a great meal. I have a friend around the corner who was with YWAM and she's not working so I love it when we can catch up as she helps bring it all out of me. Just updated my blog.
lots of love....

Heather said...

i miss you... want to meet somewhere in the middle sometime soon....

Carla said...

I just have to say I know how you feel!!!!! I pray you find the most fantastic girlfriends EVER in Madison.

Emilie Schmitz said...

Jess,
Where would we be without girlfriends? (We'd be up a creek, that's for sure...)
Just wanted you to know that I feel completely the same way. We can't be with each other and laugh over coffee, but know that you are in my heart and God presses you into my thoughts daily. I was riding home in the car tonight on the way back from St. Louis - staring out at the lovely big sky and corn fields, and I thought of you, hoping you are happy.... I wish you well, my friend. Emilie