Tuesday, May 02, 2006

time of my own


well....
it's been great being here so far. I've been able to read, watch movies or tv if i want, hang out with my family...and these past two days just chill out. i've got the house to myself ( i haven't had that in sooo long) and yesterday i was thinking about just how nice it is to be able to do whatever i want in a day and not have to really talk to anyone else about it or see what anyone else wants to do..my time is all my own. and then i was realizing that having a baby means even more that my time won't be my own much longer, so i'm enjoying the moment, enjoying rest, and relaxation and just doing 'whatever' i like. watching oprah, reading magazines...
but more than that too...just being able to pray and think. and just process this change from being me to being a mother, and i feel like i'll never really be prepared, because what can prepare you to be a mother. it feels like such a huge emotional transition that i'm realizing some of my fears and some of hopes too. And being able to take those to God and ask Him what He has for me in all of this is refreshing. There is something about being here in wisconsin, where there is quiet and i'm in the country and it just feels as if i can breathe a bit more freely. i'm enjoying my time with God as well....learning to enjoy the moment again, especially when i miss mike. so that's what i've been thinking about lately....time of my own. here's an old picture of me in new orleans.

3 comments:

Angela Oliver said...

Jessi, I understand that whole "being in the country breathing" thing. I wonder if it's just a release of expectations on ourselves cause we're somewhere where we are "allowed" to rest. Or maybe the country is just that much more relaxing. Anyways, we are excited about your new place, and that you have a home all to yourself. That may help with that whole breathing thing too. I just wish you'd come and breathe here...we miss you! I know your family loves to have you too...so I'll wait! Love you...

jamie said...

hey i was texting you last night but mike said your phone might be dead. Let's talk soon -
miss you
jamie

Heather said...

i miss you. i love hearing your heart. rest and enjoy. can't wait to hear more from you and i second seeing pregnant belly photos.