Tuesday, May 30, 2006

paint, beds, and naps

hello world! sorry it's been awhile, i've become lazy in teh blogging world, we haven't had internet at our new place so it takes much more effort for me to keep updating .....but i'll try and get better. well, news to tell, i'm definitely much bigger than that last post pic so i'll have to take a new one, i'm enjoying being pregnant. i'm enjoying where my life is headed right now and i'm enjoying the summer. my midwife said that sometimes pregnant women in teh summer will drink a gallon of juice, at one time. cause they are so thirsty and it sounds good, and it's sweet.....so don't let me order a gallon of juice anytime i'm out with any of you.
and our house is painted!!! when we moved in, the whole entrance and lounge, dining room and hallway was 'pumpkin' orange. and now we have painted it and it's soo much nicer, it took us all weekend and mike is especially exhausted but he is almost done, and i'm soo grateful, the house looks so much better...and other great news, we got our bed back, the one we had when we first got married ( from ikea) we got from craigslist for a good deal and my parents ended up buying it for us!!! yeah God, i know that some of these things may seem trivial, but it's been kind of a big deal for me and God ....we've been on a journey together, of me crying about 'trivial' things like beds and our place feeling like a home, i never realized it was so important for me to feel settled in a place. i love having a home, i think it really is part of who God has made me to be, to have a place to 'offer ' to others, i love having people over. And i'm sure part of it is the 'nesting' instince of being pregnant......to feel settled, hoenstly this weekend, being able to know the house is painted, and getting a bed, i felt as if God was answering those 'cries' of mine. to feel more settled. there are other thoughts in my brain..but right now these are the only ones i'll share. sorry my posts haven't been that deep lately.

No comments: