Sunday, August 10, 2008

i would like your prayer!!

Hello all. i wanted to give an update on where things are at with my pregnancy and ask for a little prayer. So, things are going well, I'm 31 weeks. It's all coming so fast. just over 8 weeks and i"m due. But i'm not sure where i'm having this baby yet. :)
First of all, at my 20 week ultrasound i was told I had placenta previa. - Which means that the placenta was right over top of the cervix. So, i was told that there was a chance if would move but if it didn't towards the end of pregnancy it can be concerning and if it never moved you would have to have a C-section. Which of course I do not want to have, knowing already what they are like. So, they scheduled an ultrasound for 30 weeks, and when i went in for that ultrasound they told me that placenta had moved and it was no longer a concern at all!!! yeah!!! answer to prayer. Seriously, we were praying and my parents were praying and I didn't tell alot of people because i do believe in the power of words and I didn't want anyone speaking negative about my upcoming labor and delivery. I want a natural birth. I know things are unpredictable but that is what i'm hoping and praying for. That I will be able to have a completely natural birth. so I truly believe it was an answer to prayer that the placenta moved. Now, that i know that i can go for a natural birth......i really would like to give birth at the birth center I have been going to for my prenatal care. and this is where I need some prayer. As you know, last time with Kael I tried for a natural birth and that didn't happen, in the end I had a C-section. So, now in Wisconsin ( and lots of places) it becomes complicated when you would like a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) and birth centers are not allowed to deliver VBACS. But my birth center here in madison has been approached to be part of a study, and i guess if you are part of an official medical study then you could participate, and i dont know all the particulars and i know the whole time we've been going it has been something they have been trying to figure out what to do. So......i'm asking for you to pray that they would agree to be part of this study, so that i can give birth there. I know not everyoe will understand my reasons and some will, but I would prefer the birth Center to the hospital. I would feel much more comfortable there. you can check out the pics of the birthing rooms www.madisonbirthcenter.com they are great. the are very comfortable rooms designed for giving birth. A birthing tub, your very own , large bathroom with shower and toilet.....and it looks and feels like your at home. So, this is what i really want. They said they will give me a final answer at my next appointment which is August 18th. So i'm asking for prayer that I could get a yes, that this is where i can give birth. I appreciate all your prayers.....thanks.

4 comments:

Audrey Whitesides said...

i am for sure praying jessi. i admire your drive to have a natural child birth!! you are awesome!!

Angela Oliver said...

i too will be praying! This place looks fantastic...I checked out the photos.... Can't believe you will have a new little one soon - unbelievable and so exciting!

lolly said...

can you believe people opt for c-sections when there is no medical reason for them? yeesh! i'll be praying that things go idealy and everyone comes out smiling!
- rachel

Lindsey said...

a birth center is a great idea and i will definitley be praying with you!