Sunday, June 24, 2007

takes time i guess


so..we got back from boston and i worked a full week, it felt more than normal but it was just three very long days and then i had the weekend completely off. ;my parents came down yesterday and spent the day with us. soo great ot have my parents here. They got to hang out with kael i nour house and watch him crawl around and climb up everything. We also took him swimming at their hotel pool..and that was fun, Kael's first time swimming. he seemed to like it. he didn't hate it. :) he had fun with grandma and grandpa. and so did i.

but today i feel a bit discouraged again by how long it takes to get to know people. I should feel encouraged, me and mike were invited to dinner by another couple in the church, and another lady int e church asked for my phone number so that me and kael coud come over and hang out with her and her two children. so that's good, people are still wanting to get to know us or make the effort i just struggle with not being known. i feel like i'm having an identiy crisis....not really a crisis but i havea lot of questions going on in my own head, things i want to talk about. sorry to keep talking about all fo htis, i feel like that's all i talk about lately, i don't mean to be so negative. it's just one of those days.......

but today kael seems even more like a little boy. today in church he was smiling at everyone and laughing and this afternoon he took a 2 hr nap!! a miracle...so with kael it's a good day.

1 comment:

Emilie Schmitz said...

I feel like I haven't been known in 6 years of youth ministry. Yeah, growing up is hard to do. I remember having a conversation w/ my dad when I was in high school and he made the remark that "he didn't really have any close friends". I felt sorry for him then and I didn't really understand... But making friendships as kids and teens is much easier than as adults. To have really close friends I mean, where you can be casual and vulnerable with. I often have days where I feel useless and lonely - and I'm in 2 full-time ministries! This world is not our home - we will always feel disconnected on some level. I'm learning to let Jesus be my portion... I love you Jess!