Tuesday, July 18, 2006

strengths

With our church Interns and myself, mike, kyle and kristin took these strength finder tests. So, after i read that bible verse the other day about knowing yourself and knowing the work you've been given, i finally took my test and theses are the synposis of my 'strengths'

Intellection
people who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activitiy. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Connectedness
have faith in the links between all things. They believe there are few doincidences and that almost every event has a reason

Deliberative
are best described by the serious care they take in making decisions or choices. They anticipate the obstacles

Input
have a craving to know more. often they like to collelct and archive all kinds of information

Responsibility
take psychological ownership of what they say they will do. They are commited to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.



so it's interesting..part of me thinks these things aren't strengths, that they are more 'personality' things...but the test also gives you action points on how to use these strengths in your life. so that's what i need to go through ..figuring out how these are strengths in my life, or how to 'use' them. i definitely see how they are true. (i have longer descriptions of all of them that make more sense....but i didn't want to bore anyone.)
just imagine if everyone operated in their strengths, we would probably accomplish alot more in our lives.

4 comments:

Kim Arpin-Ricci said...

Hey Jessi
I know Jamie and I found strengths finders really really helpful. My top 5 were:
Relator
Achiever
Developer
Belief
Communication

Emily Deu said...

Hey Jessi, I think all of those do fit you to a T, that is Tbone Thomas...

Hey I wanted to let you know that I put you as a personal reference for an application for an apartment. Its awesome and I need some prayer on this one!!!! So if they call you tell them how awesome we are. Mainly they want to know if we will pay our rent on time..you know...sorry this is long, but I thought I would do this and email to make sure you get it. You can delete it if you want.

jamie said...

hey thomas
that test sounds cool..is it from a book or something?

Stu Bish said...

Hey there,
Like Jamie, I want in on that test as well. Where do we find it?