Wednesday, March 15, 2006

emotional rollercoaster


well......what can i say? i feel as if i'm on an emotional rollercoaster. i'm not sure if being pregnant is the reason why , or if i would be like this anyways..it's nice to blame it on being pregnant though....but i think in reality it is all kinds of things adding up...like the fact that we don't have a place of our own, i feel a little bit like i'm living in a box. it's great to stay here, but it'd be so nice to be able to really unpack and feel at 'home'. which i know i already said this in my last blog. and i guess in other aspects i feel pretty unsure about alot of things at the moment. a bout what we are doing, about what ministry we are going to get involved in. About that kind of stuff.....thinking about having a baby i feel as if i'm tempted to worry about money to buy all these new baby things, worried about where we are going to live, worried about everything. But God keeps speaking pretty clearly about Trusting Him. i feel as if He has been silent lately but in reality the one thing I know He has spoken clearly is to TRUST Him and to have faith, and faith isn't always easy because God wants to go deeper with us and to know that we are trusting Him and believing even when we don't feel like it. My prayer lately has been, 'i believe , help my unbelief' i feel like i know His character is good. i know His heart is to take care of us, and I know He loves my baby even more than me and mike do, and yet i know that somehow i can't believe without His help. Trust, Have Faith, ~Confess the promises God has given. Enter the land and find rest....that is what He has been saying lately. So when the rollercoaster keeps going up and down, in all of it I want to at least cling to Him....He is my rock and my shelter, He is my strong foundation. anyways...i guess that's a bit of me and where i am at.

3 comments:

Heather said...

thanks for your honesty. it is hard to be in constant change when you don't feel at all grounded. your words were encouraging to me. he will provide all you need in ways you won't understand. thanks for being vulnerable. i love you.

hannah said...

you know. I really like you. I'm glad your back.

Audrey Whitesides said...

oh i miss you jessi...you have such a beautiful spirit...you are in my thoughts and prayers...