Thursday, September 11, 2008

a little pre-anniversary/baby trip

Well, i'm due in 4 weeks. can't believe it's all coming so fast. i feel like there is still so much to do in the house.....like i still need to buy a dresser for the baby's clothes. I've washed them all but they are in a bin in our spare room at the moment.
but anyways...i'm excited because my mom is coming down today, she is going to help me get some stuff done, and then tomorrow, she is going to watch kael for two whole nights while me and mike go on a little trip. We are going to Chicago for the weekend, (it's not that far) just the two of us, staying at a hotel downtown and just going to enjoy the time away. Since the baby is due the weekend of our anniversary and who knows when we'll get to go away together(without baby) AND who knows when we'll get to sleep through the night again once this little one joins us,(especially me with breastfeeding) we thought we'd take our anniversary trip early and it's so nice of my mom to take care of kael here for us. I'm really really looking forward to it. I feel like it is a break i've been craving lately. we can do whatever we want, nap if and when we want, both get to sleep in together ( a very rare treat) and enjoy some couple time. it'll be great for us i know. We are both longing for the time together. so, that's us leaving tomorrow and getting back on sunday. (and i hope we get a little trip to ikea in there)

1 comment:

Audrey Whitesides said...

yeah jessi! i am so happy for you!