Tuesday, April 29, 2008

today matters

My mother-in-law just left this morning. She was visiting for a week, and it went way too fast. It was really nice to have her here. She babysat for us while we went away for the weekend to a business conference. And at our conference we got to hear John Maxwell speak. He is one of my favorite speakers ever. His teaching is so profound and yet so simple. he's a great speaker, easy to listen to, funny and comes straight from the heart. All his principles are things we all need. I'm also reading his book Today Matters and it is very convicting as well as inspiring. It asks questions like, are you living your life today, the way you want to live it tomorrow?? you can't live in past failures or successes....and you can't just keep wishing for tomorrow..you have to live today in a way that matters, in a way that makes your tomorrow the future you wish and want it to be. Make Today your masterpiece.

I want to live my life in way that reflects my values and constantly be seeking to better my life, my relationships, myself......etc...

so this weekend was amazing.

No comments: