Tuesday, January 08, 2008

visit


Last week there was tons of snow outside my house and now there is hardly any. i can see most of the grass in my yard. we had a heat wave like lots of others and it makes the winter seem so gray. even though it's warm i'd rather have sunshine, cold weather and the white cover of snow on the ground. it just looks dirty and gray now.

this morning i am watching my new friend Katie's kid. He is 4 months older than Kael ( although much bigger, kael is on the small side for his age) and they are playing together and i think it's great. They have both gone down for naps now, which i'm kind of amazed they both went down so easy. George ( that is the little boy) is our first guest in our house, funny isn't it and he's not even 2 yrs old. i love seeing them together. it's the first time i've noticed Kael actually playing with another kid as opposed to just playing around each other.
And speaking of another visit...
i am going to visit Jamie...i am so excited. I leave on Saturday and i get three whole days with her. I'm not even taking Kael. It will be my first trip away from him. So weird. Well, actually that's not true, I've taken trips before but they have all been for business etc...this is my first for fun. Me and jamie. it still seems unreal and i' not sure what i'll do with myself. I can plan my day and not have to think of nap times, bed times, eating, when is his fussy time etc...we can just do whatever we feel like. weird. i'm really looking forward to it and my mom is going to watch Kael while i'm gone so that Mike can still work. so i'm looking forward to my visit.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

sweet pic.
Have fun at Jamie's!

Audrey Whitesides said...

kael is soooo cute jessi! i want to meet him!!!

MaryHuffman said...

Hi great to catch up on the news since before Christmas. Sorry I haven't been on much or updated my blog. Must be time to do so. Love Mary.

DOCUMENTING STORIES OF LIFE said...

kael looks a bit like andy thomas in this pic.... but he has your big pretty eyes. check your email cause i think we may be able to come visit in february.