Tuesday, September 18, 2007

September 18th


today......this very day, september 18th, but 7 years ago.... I joined ywam vancouver. I had already done my DTS and was now returning to be 'staff' . such a crazy thought. so many years ago. this day has always had that significance to me. the day i truly moved from home to start my own life. and what an adventure it was. Randy parizeau and Heidi picked me up from the airport in Vancouver in Randy's little car. I went to my new 'home' and felt so awkward. who knew i would develop some amazing relationships, get the chance to be part of people's lives, be part of people's journey's, take people places like India, Thailand, Morocco....etc.....meet my husband and then on this very day sept 18th 2004, i officially left ywam vancouver. ( i didn't know on that day, although i did suspect that i would be back there) the past 7 years has really been a part of my life that is not so easy to sum up. that's probably why it's been an 'adjustment' it wasn't just school, or an experience it was where i grew up, grew into who i am now. Those friendships i made along the way, those are so meaningful to me, Wade and Jo, Randy and Rita, Mike and Jen, Rachel, Audrey, Angela, Ben, John, Heather, all those i did my dts with and then continued on staff with, my friendships with jamie and emily only grew stronger......all those shared memories of good and bad, all the tears, the laughter, ( girls remember the trip to Angela's wedding and all the giggling in the trailer.....) road trips, i feel like i shared so many different parts of me....i got to be real, transparent, and because of that i drew close to so many of you. this isn't a sad post it's mostly a reflection of such joy in my life. Thank you .....there are way too many people to list..way too many memories, but i am so grateful for all of you, and i'm so grateful for the journey i've been on, i wouldn't trade it for anything. so today is a celebration of where we have come from and where we are going too......

1 comment:

Emily Deu said...

YAY!!!! It really was a treasure. Love you!